Wednesday 30 March 2016

Behind The Bloggers! - Shady

Hey!


So we're constantly posting selfies, outfit pictures and writing about fashion but we never really write about ourselves. So we thought we'd give you a little insight into who we are! Next up is me, Shady!

Choom decided to write about how she got her nickname, but I figured that if you are following me on twitter @ShadyKleo you would have realised the origins of mine by now (I'm a bit of a shady lady on there as twitter is my ranty place)

So I thought I'd share the stories behind a couple of my tattoos.


The tattoo on my upper left arm is my first and probably the most visible of my tattoos. Because of this it gets the most comments!  I love when people online recognise what the symbol is and fan-girl over it, but it's ok if you don't. It just means you aren't a Zelda nerd like I am. It is the Eye of Truth, symbol of the Sheikah clan. They are the protectors of Princess Zelda and the royalty of Hyrule, with the most famous of them being Impa from Ocarina of Time. Because of this I thought it would be good to get this tattoo as a symbol of protection. And also because I'm obsessed with Zelda, of course. 

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are very nostalgic for me as I was little when they were first released. It's great that there are now remakes for them on the 3DS! Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda game, I think because it's a lot darker and more challenging than the others. I really want to get a symbol from Final Fantasy X in the same place on my right arm too, that game is also very special to me. 


The next tattoo story I wanted to share with you is my newest and also most personal one. I got this a couple of weeks ago and came up with the idea behind the design myself. 

It is a pair of witchy hands on my collarbones. They are holding clouds which are symbolism for change. As a long term sufferer of depression there are often times when I feel hopeless and have a lot of hate for my current stage in life. It has taken me a long time but I've come to the realisation that I'm not worthless at all. I am special, I do have a lot to offer and if I want things to be different I have to do it on my own. I got this tattoo as a visual reminder of this - if you are ever feeling low, just remember that the power to change things for the better is in your hands, you just have to believe it and work hard for it. Art by the lovely @ellabelltattoo, you should check out her awesome designs on Instagram!

Hope you enjoyed these little facts about my ink! Tattoos don't have to have a specific meaning but it sure does make them extra special.

Shady xx


No comments:

Post a Comment