Sunday 17 July 2016

Shady @ Hyper Japan

Hey!


So last year Choom & I went to Hyper Japan together but now that she's experiencing the real thing, I decided to go solo! Well this time along I brought my friend Rory, who is just as fabulous. If you've forgotten, Hyper Japan is a festival based in London celebrating Japanese culture with lots of interesting stalls and activities.


Rory and I headed straight for the gaming section first. There were Nintendo 64 consoles with Mario Kart games - insert heart eye emoji here - and a dancing stage which we were both equally terrible at. We then played Pokken Tournament, a crossover between Pokemon and Tekken, in which I beat him 4 times, sorry Rory. Then we both got the chance to say hello to Mario and Pikachu! They were both happy to take pics with us, yay.


Then somehow I got stuck in a claw crane machine! Just kidding, it was part of plushie brand Tofu Cute's fun and interactive installation. My friend said it was "diabetes for the eyes" because it was so sweet. I wanted to take all of the plushies home with me but I think I may have enough already...


I got to meet Jibanyan but never managed to get a photo with him, so I had to make do/make out with this paper cut out of him instead. So nyaow I'm very happy! I also found two of my faves from Yokai Watch, Komasan and Shogunyan. My other fave is the cutie Bloominoko but he wasn't there. If you haven't played or watched Yokai Watch yet, do! I highly recommend it, it's lots of fun. 


I bumped into Roxie Sweetheart, who was looking adorable as always, wearing accessories from her brand. I ended up buying an irresistible melty moon necklace from her stall and peeped a framed image of me and Choom in her clothes! I also found somebody cosplaying as Cardcaptor Sakura which was my childhood. So I just had to get a pic with her, but I was a little shy asking.


As I was walking around I got asked to take part in activities and a lot of people asked to take photos of me, which was great! The most interesting was seeing a 360 image of my whole outfit. I wish I had a mirror that could do that for me before I commit to leaving the house. I also stopped by 6% Doki Doki (the cool brand Choom works for in Tokyo) and her manager shared my picture on their instagram! Thanks Choom's manager :)


Did you go to Hyper Japan too? If so, I hope you had as much fun as I did! Rory and I had an amazing day. This small taste of Japanese culture definitely made us very keen to want to experience it properly & hopefully we will get the chance to very soon. 

Shady xx


Shady wears:

Sunglasses - Shop Jeen
Dress - Happy Monday
Necklace - Roxie Sweetheart
Socks - CutesyKink
Shoes - YRU



No comments:

Post a Comment