Tuesday 2 August 2016

Seoul City - Choom

Hey!


 I wanted to take the opportunity of being on the other side of the world to do a little exploring so I took a little trip to Seoul for three days. It's so weird to say that so normally, it's the equivalent popping over to Paris or something. I was so excited for many reasons *cough* k-pop *cough* but I wanted to see what the city was actually like. It's like when anime fans go to Tokyo and realise not everyone around them is a 2D character!



Seoul was so humid I was roasting in this outfit. But I wore it anyway! I chose my 'coolest' outfits to wear for the trip, so a little more toned down and stylish. Well, for me anyway! On this day we decided to visit MMCA, the museum for Modern and Contemporary Art and it was amazing. At first I was like, 'I didn't come all the way to Seoul to go to a museum I want to stand outside YG building!!!' but it was so worth it.


My favourite parts of the museum were the multi layered waterfall where the water would fall and spell out words to do with current news, and the other was a room with a huge round table where you were instructed to make one ball out of clay. It was hard to capture the waterfall in a photo though so only the ball room is pictured. My friend Lauren protested that we couldn't make multiple clay balls or different shaped objects, to which I agreed. It's art right? Freedom of expression!


Another cool exhibit was this trippy illusion. There was a huge box in the middle of the museum and no matter which side you stand on, if you look beyond the glass it looks all trippy and rainbow-y. When people moved it was so weird, it looked like they were reflecting light or something.



Seoul is a lot, I don't want to say dirtier but....dirtier, than Tokyo. I don't mind though, it reminds me of home haha! So it was nice to see graffiti and art in an unregulated space. And of course I stood in front of it. Because, cool back drop. 


Our last stop of the day was the Bukchon Hanok village which was close by. The houses and streets are reminscient of old Seoul and even better it's a residential area! Imagine living there?? It would be like living on set of a period drama because there's always people taking photos of your house from outside haha. We snuck into this courtyard because it was so serene, but promptly ran out when we heard footsteps. I think we were trespassing oops.


Here is a closer, detailed shot of the outfit. The top is really lightweight and has cool detailing on the sleeves. The shorts are a heavy leather (not good in hot weather!) but feel so well made and the bottom of the shorts are actual zips! I really recommend the brand I bought this set from, M.Y.O.B NYC. It's a little on the pricier side but I've got a few bits from them and I love their aesthetic, it's effortlessly cool.


Hope you liked my travel post!

Choom xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment