Tuesday 25 August 2015

Shady - The Galactic Powerpuff

Hey!

Sugar. Spice. And everything nice. These were the ingredients to make the perfect fashion shoot...but Professor Cuteonium accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...Chemical Shady.
 ლ(╹◡╹ლ)



Okay so you are probably thinking "Shady is always changing her hair?!?!" Which is kinda true because I'm indecisive as hell, but in this case I have an excuse! I've actually wanted to share this shoot with you guys for a while now, but unfortunately it has taken a long time to get access to the images. Technical difficulties, ya' know?


I worked on this shoot with an incredible team of gals. Temi was our Creative Director, who brought us all together and knew exactly how to get the best out of us to create her vision. Phoebe was in charge of making me look fierce and beautiful. And Merle was the lighting extraordinaire snapping the pictures.


I wasn't just there to be a pretty face, though! I was also chief stylist. After being given a brief of "quirky, edgy & minimal" from Temi, I put together two outfits. This was a little more challenging than it usually would be for me because I was in the process of moving house. This meant that half of my wardrobe was already on the other side of the country and limited my selection by a lot. But I think I managed to pull it off, huh?


The first of the outfits was the darker of the two looks, which consisted of a black mesh bra, pink pom shorts and pentagram earrings for extra edginess. The accessories really suited my hair colour, which at the time was icy white with a few hidden blue braids at the back. A touch of glitter above the eyes and on my "fleekbones" as Choom would say, and I was ready to get into galactic princess mode. Temi (AKA miracle worker) also managed to style my hair, which I found difficult back then when my braids were larger as they were so heavy.


The second look was a little more playful. Phoebe worked her magic and painted a swirly design on my face and then made it even cuter (which I didn't think possible) by adding shiny heart stickers. I kept it minimal with my fave undergarment - my hustler bra. I matched this with some shorts and covered them with a baggy mesh tee.


Overall it was such a fun day! I got to meet some great girls and we all worked so well together to create this shoot, which has become one of my faves for sure.

Shady xxx

P.S: If I was actually a Powerpuff girl I would so be Buttercup, just sayin'...


Creative Director & Hair Stylist - Temi
MUA - Phoebe
Photographer - Merle

Shady wears:

Outfit 1

Mesh bra - URBAN OUTFITTERS
Choker - MARYJANENITE
Pink Shorts - PRIMARK
Earrings - BORDERLINE APPAREL
Shoes - LA MODA

Outfit 2

Hustler bra - SHOP JEEN
Shorts - ASOS
Mesh tee - FENCHURCH
Jellies - PRIMARK





4 comments: