Tuesday 13 September 2016

Frilly Frills - Choom

Hey!


This outfit was originally worn to a Lolita meet in Paris. I needed to throw something together from the bits and bobs I had in my suitcase since I had just come from Japan. I don't own much Lolita styled clothing so I did the best with what I had and I think it turned out pretty well!



I'm currently rocking short hair for the first time ever and loving it! These colours really worked well with the overall outfit colour scheme, so I was super happy! I often see people wearing wigs with Lolita co-ords but I feel like your own hair can work too if you style it well!


Apparently it's a cardinal sin to not have your shoulders covered when wearing Lolita but this is a really casual look, more Lolita inspired than a full blown co-ord so I can get away with it, right? Don't be mad at me fellow frilly people! I like the contrast ruffle straps on this as it allows me to tie in other colours more easily. Also, even though it's a corset it's not super tight fitting so I can go all day feeling pretty comfortable.


The skirt is one of the few Lolita branded pieces I own so I was so lucky to have it on me for the occasion. The pattern and bows are elegant and it has it's own petticoat so I don't have to worry about that when putting together an outfit. To complete this cutesy look I did a little sock and sandal combo. The socks have small bears on them which you can see just above the sandal straps. The sandals have bows to match the skirt bows, cuuuuute!


All photos were taken by Charles, ichiban fan and number one camera man!

Corset - Ann Summers (bought at CharrollVintage)
Skirt - Angelic Pretty
Shoes - Candy Stripper
Socks - Village Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment