Tuesday 19 January 2016

Choom's Challenge - Braid Hairstyles

Hey!

As well as our usual outfit posts I am starting Choom's Challenge! We all have strengths and weaknesses when it comes to certain areas of fashion, and I want to tackle these head on!

I recently changed my braids, they're now thicker and include cornrows (and even a little heart) but I'm sure these will work with most braids! These are my braids without any styling.


An essential part of any outfit is the hairstyle. A change in  hair style can change the whole feel of an ensemble so getting the right one is key. I'm pretty useless at doing hair and make up so I hope that the fact I'm able to do these mean they're pretty simple hairstyles for everyone else too! Since they're pretty easy to do you won't need any fancy tools apart from hair bands, a few hair grips and whatever cute hair accessories you desire!


So the first hairstyle is a quick and easy twin tail up do. All you need are two hair bands! Take a few braids from the highest part of the crown of your head and secure it so that the hair band sits high up. The tighter the hair band the higher up the pony tail will be so do it to your preference!


This look is very simple but will add volume to your hair. It's weird right, adding volume to braids, but totally possible! To finish it off you can add accessories such as this dangling yellow moon clip or a fatter/different hair band. I used a pastel spiral hair band to match the colour of my hair.


The second hair style I like to call 'The Flower.' Tie a few braids in the center back of your head, as I have thick braids I don't take too many, into a ponytail. Tie your hair again but don't pull all the hair through, leave the ends to hang. Then, tie those ends of the hair around the hair band and secure it with a pin if necessary. The 'flower' part is because of the next step where you separate the braids sticking out at the top so they fan out. Quirky, quick and cute, right!


The next one is only for the most brave and magical among us. I have dubbed it the 'Choomicorn' for obvious reasons. For this style you start with the same steps as the previous hairstyle so make a pony tail but leave some hair loose. For this hairstyle however I would say to not pull too much hair through because it need to be able to stand up with just one hair band at the base! Use another hair band to tie all the braids together at the top and, you're done! Add accessories to cover up the hair bands if you like. I used a pre plaited purple extension with elastic at the base and cute hair clips on the 'corn'.


The final hair style is less extreme and perfect for those of you with coloured hair. Tie a pony tail, as high up as you need it. Then twist the hair and wrap it into a bun and secure it with pins. Since I have dark roots I made sure the ends of the hair are the most visible part of the bun. Since I also have two colours in my hair it gives the hair style a cool two tone pastel effect. You can add clips to the bun as I've done. I got this plaited heart which I stuck to the bun with a hair grip. Voila!


I hope you enjoyed this post and I explained it well enough for you to understand!

See you next time!

Choom xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Such cute braid/styles! I love the pastel colours in your hair~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a nice transform of hair style, looks pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a hair stylist and I my customers often ask me about synthetic wigs that can help matching with their wedding gown with utmost perfection.

    ReplyDelete