Tuesday 26 January 2016

Shady - Pink Tuesday

Hey!


Who said we can only wear pink on Wednesdays? ;D 
Sorry Mean Girls, but I'm gonna be my Shady lil' self and break the rules by giving you this pink-tastic outfit a day early.



Tbh I pretty much live my whole life in different shades of pink, even though my fave colour is actually purple. Not that you'd be able to tell...

I decided to call this look "Pink Tuesday" because it really reminds me of the Barbie inspired outfit that Nicki Minaj wore for her Pink Friday album cover shoot. And, well, it's Tuesday. My skirt is reminiscent of the floofy dress Nicki wore, only her outfit was much more extravagant and I'm sure it was also a lot more expensive!

Also I'm so glad to have my pastel braids back, I didn't feel like myself without them. They are similar in length and colour to the ones I had before, only this time with some pink streaks mixed in too.


The main elements of this outfit are the matching satin crop top and tulle skirt, both from Dresslink. Both items are a really affordable price. The crop top comes in both pink and red. It is smooth to touch and actually fit me surprisingly well. Remember when ordering from this store that their sizing is a little smaller than in western stores - I ordered my crop top in a size large.

The skirt can be bought in a variety of pastel shades in one size only and features an elasticated waist to fit most sizes. The net fabric flows well when I move and makes me feel a little like a princess every time I wear it!


I teamed this look with a see-through rucksack. It is decorated with the most adorable unicorn glitter print and has comfy, adjustable pink straps. It's from Skinnydip London, which is becoming one of my favourite brands to buy accessories. Their designs are so fun and colourful, great for anyone who wants to add a little playfulness to their outfit. Their flagship store is based just off of London's Carnaby Street, but you can also find them online and stocked in mainstream fashion stores like Topshop.

This bag instantly reminded me of Choom when I saw it. I'd even go as far as saying it fits her style more than my own! I'm definitely gonna have to buy her one too so we can twin them together and share the unicorn love.


I'm also wearing my cutie-pie harness from Alien Moe, which I featured in a recent Shady Styling post (go check that out if you missed it!) It works really well layered over my crop top and adds more structure to my outfit. 

I also love how the straps form a V around my new little neck tattoo. Plus the fact that the harness is white adds more definition to my outfit, rather than if I had kept with just pink tones throughout. I co-ordinated this with the white of the unicorns on my bag and with my shoes.


I'm also wearing my babies (my Qozmo Hi platforms from YRU.) They are my go-to shoes for when I wanna be even more of a giant than I already am, but still want to be able to walk fast without breaking my neck! And I subtly continued the little bow theme I have going on with some ribbon-tied pink socks. These ones actually reach my knees, which is very rare indeed. Ah, tall girl problems...


This outfit in summary: PINK, UNICORNS, GLITTER, BOWS, CUTENESS, MORE PINK.
Take notes, kupo! ^o^

Big thanks to my good friend Rory for helping me out with this shoot. We'll meet up for some more Korean food soon I pwomise.

Shady xx

Shady wears:

Crop Top - DRESSLINK
Harness - ALIEN MOE
Skirt - DRESSLINK
Rucksack - SKINNYDIP
Socks - CUTESY KINK
Shoes - YRU








No comments:

Post a Comment