Monday 15 February 2016

Choom - Pixel Gal

Hey!


I was inspired by Akihabara, the Otaku/gaming capital of Tokyo, to shoot this outfit. I like anime and gaming but I wouldn't call myself an otaku at all. I think the aesthetics of this area are really cool, especially at night when it's all lit up or even during the day it's pretty buzzing. I couldn't find a really cool spot to showcase the area unfortunately but if you're ever in Tokyo I would recommend visiting!


I stumbled upon Spinns 2.5 just off Takeshita Dori which stocks select items as well as regular Spinns clothing. They were doing a collaboration line with Village Vanguard and the singer Toriena to create this amazingly cute gaming inspired collection.


The jumper is neoprene, which I'm usually wary of because it can be stiff but this one was nice and soft and oversized which is perfect! The skirt features retro like pastel graphics which I matched with my tights that have a similar aesthetic. 


My absolute favourite part of this outfit is the hood! It has a fur button up collar, which you can wear on it's own, as well as a huuuuge hod with horns! The hood is so big and was an absolute nightmare to shoot because it kept falling and looked really wonky :( But it looks so cute and cool!


To accessorise I added a retro button to my hoodie in the same colourway. I'm also wearing the bracelets from the collection which are furry and have little frequency graphics on them.


My other accessories include my DokiDoki/ドキドキ earcuff and Suki/すき earrings. It's been a while since I've worn my Choom Chan rings but they really went with the outfit, as well as the bow I put on my hair, all pastel everything. Finally I'm wearing loose socks over my tights and platforms.


Thank you to Charles for shooting this!

Choom xoxo

Choom wears:

Hoodie, skirt, bracelets, hood - Toriena x Spinns x Village Vanguard
Tights - Shoujo No Tomo
Custom rings - Etsy
Ear cuff - 6%DokiDoki
Earrings - Spank!
Bow - Offbrand
Socks - Wego
Shoes - Buffalo

2 comments: