Tuesday 23 June 2015

Choom - Pink & Blue

Hey!

So my fave colours are pink and blue, pastel pink and pastel blue to be exact. To me it's undeniably the best colour combo! 

I styled three different outfits using the same colour scheme, just to show off the versatility of this combination. The only running theme throughout this outfit are my 'Choom Chan' rings because they go with everything and I just love a personalised touch.

My first look features all things fantasy, unicorns, Sailor Moon, Totoro and more unicorns! I can't resist anything unicorn related, they're just such cool creatures, so I doubled up on the unicorn power. Sailor Moon is my number one magical girl (Shady's is Cardcaptor Sakura boo) so I had to include her in this fantastical look. I love the little silhouette of her in the moon it's so iconic. 



My rings are the wrong way round oops!


I wore my pink heart Superga's to complete the gradient of the leggings from blue to purple to pink. Isn't great when a look just comes together?!  


My top is actually just a bra. I love the idea of wearing inner wear as outer wear...or just generally wearing things in a way you're not supposed to. It makes it more fun!


Next up is a softer fluffier pastel look. Something more classicly kawaii! The stand out feature for this look are the shoes I think. I love platforms so much I always get asked if I'm walking on stilts or something, but I prefer to think I'm walking with my head in the clouds. I'm not that short either (only next to Shady who is ridiculously tall and should be banned from wearing platforms in my opinion) so when I'm in platforms I stand a head taller than everyone else. 


The dress is the perfect length for me ie short which also happens to be Japan's 'free size' or 'one size'. Apparently that size is my size haha! It's from Bubbles, a brand you can find in the famous Shibuya109, and it's so cute.  




Finally an edgy kawaii look! Who says you can't look cute and tough at the same time?? I have a new found love for snapbacks so when I found one in blue and pink I was over the moon. The snapback, basketball jersey and varsity jacket combo has never looked so cute!


Interestingly where we were shooting, Brick Lane, is where I stumbled upon the varsity jacket. I never liked vintage shops and swore I would never find anything good in one...until I saw the jacket. From that day on my perspective on those shops changed so I frequent them a lot more in the hopes of finding something else really cool. So far, nothing as good as the jacket!


Another 'wearing inner wear as outerwear' piece are my shorts. They're supposed to be safety shorts for when the wind sneakily lifts up your skirt but I decided to wear them on their own. They're so cute I want to show them off!



Choom xoxo

OUTFIT ONE

Bralet - VERO MODA
Leggings - ASOS
Denim vest - OFFBRAND (BOUGHT IN HONG KONG)
Earrings - Kawaii Kave on ETSY
Shoes - SUPERGA
Rings - Custom made by Chimeric Garnish on ETSY

OUTFIT TWO

Fur Coat - PULL&BEAR
Dress - BUBBLES SAW THE CITY
Shoes - UNIF
Earrings - I'm Your Present on ETSY

OUTFIT THREE

Cap - MITCHELL AND NESS
Varsity Jacket - ROKIT VINTAGE
Jersey - FIG&VIPER
Shorts - OFFBRAND (BOUGHT IN JAPAN)
Platforms - YRU
Earrings - I'm Your Present on ETSY


No comments:

Post a Comment