Saturday 4 July 2015

Choom - Decora

Hey!

I'll be off to Japan soon and I can't wait to explore the streets of Harajuku! It's my fashion haven. Harajuku street fashion is a thriving community and is constantly evolving and creating new trends. One of the older, more well known trends, is Decora. It's basically OTT accessorising, bright colours and lots of layering. It's not so popular nowadays but it's a really distinctive look.



The independent brand Typical Freaks is kawaii in clothing form. Here, I'm wearing their patchwork jumper complete with sheer sleeves and I feel so so so cute. You should really check out their shop on ASOS Marketplace (which I modelled for!!) and their instagram also.
Shop
@typicalfreaks



My personal fave part of this entire outfit is my rainbow crown. It's just so adorable and fits so perfectly with this look I wish I could wear it every day! Believe it or not it's from Claire's :O I know right! Why aren't crowns part of our daily lives, I think it should definitely be a thing. Also I went through all my old jewellery from when I was 13 and they fit so well with this look. Coincidentally all my jewellery from back then was from Claire's too!



Layering is a really important part of Decora so I made sure to go OTT on the layering. It's my first time dressing in Decora and it's actually a lot harder to style than it looks! The colours have to clash but still work together, how?!



To keep it cute add stickers to your face and clips to your hair. A lot. Always a lot.

Also a special shout out to MUA Trine Hansen who did an amazing job on my face and hair, it's actually my favourite make up look ever!


Choom wears:

Cropped jumper - TYPICAL FREAKS
Body - FOREVER21
Shorts - OFFBRAND, BOUGHT IN JAPAN
Shoes - IIJIN
Socks (both) - EBAY
Rings - Custom made by Chimeric Garnish on ETSY
Accessories - CLAIRE'S

No comments:

Post a Comment