Monday 28 September 2015

Choom - Fashion Monster

Hey!


Since I'm living in Tokyo now I get to experience all the cool things the city has to offer. There are a lot of themed cafés so I decided to visit one I've had my eye on for a while...the Harajuku Kawaii Monster Café! Obviously I had to go dressed appropriately for such an occasion.


 I knew the café was going to be super cute and colourful so I went dressed according to that theme! You also get to chose which room you go to so I chose the one that matched my outfit the most.


Although it's the end of September the weather here is still very warm so I opted for an oversized top that I wore as a dress. My fave kind of clothing are items with graphic design so this top from Listen Flavor (a cool Harajuku brand) was the perfect starting point for my outfit.


My outfit even happened to match the kawaii monster girl in the café!


For this outfit I went accessory heavy. I wore my bunny head necklace that I bought a while ago when I went to Japan Expo in Paris which has a pink chain, and blue and pink ribbons and stickers. My choker is another cute piece from Listen Flavor. Their accessories are entirely handmade which is cool and they're all really cute too! My bracelets are pastel coloured and slightly childlike to match the cutesy theme of my outfit. Finally, my huge Pamyu Pamyu ring! I thought it would appropriate to wear it seeing as the designer of the café, Sebastian Masuda, is also the designer for many of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's stage outfits! 


To continue the pastel lilac theme I have a cool bag that I bought in Harajuku which features an old school Nintendo that says, 'Game Over.' I wore a face mask because I was sick, but also because it really went with the outfit's aesthetic. And, of course, huge platforms too finish off the look. You can't really be a monster unless you're towering over people and stomping around, right?


If you want to read more about the café itself go to my blog!

Thank you to Catherine for taking the pictures ^^ Also shout out to my twin Shady for editing these particularly difficult pictures!

Top/dress - LISTEN FLAVOR
Choker - LISTEN FLAVOR
Necklace - BUNNY KAWAII
Bracelets - CLOSET CHILD
Ring - ROXIE SWEETHEART
Shoes - Y.R.U
Bag - WE <3 WC

No comments:

Post a Comment